Why You're Still Waiting to Get Started on Your Dreams
Do you tell yourself that you’ll get started on your big plans at some future date? You can start a business after the kids graduate from college? Or, maybe you’ll just wait until the New Year to begin your exercise program. We’ve all done it. There always seems to be a good reason not to get started right here and now.
Are you sure you know the real reason you’re waiting? If you’re waiting to begin pursuing your dreams, you’re likely just procrastinating!
Consider these excuses. Is one of them yours?
1. You’re waiting for the perfect time. Are you waiting for your job to just slow down or for your kids to get a little older? You’ll be waiting for a long time. The time will never be perfect to get started on something significant, so just get started.
2. You’re waiting for something else to happen first. Maybe you’re waiting for for the mortgage to be paid off. Or you’re waiting until your next promotion.
3. You’re waiting until you have more money. Regardless of your budget, there’s something you can do to get started today. Even if it’s just doing research and learning new skills, you can do something. There’s never enough money. You’ll find the money you need along the way.
4. You’re waiting for Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. So many people wait until Monday to start a diet, or the first of the month to begin an exercise routine. There’s nothing magical about any date on the calendar. The calendar is a man-made invention. There’s no reason to be bound by it.
● Will you get more accomplished if you start today or wait three weeks?
5. You’re waiting until you know more. Some people believe they need to know every shred of information related to their quest before they can get started. This simply isn’t true. It’s a procrastination technique. You don’t need to know a lot to begin.
6. You don’t really think you’ll be successful. It makes sense that you won’t get started if you believe you can’t be successful. This is a sign that you might need to start with a smaller objective. A perfect goal is one that you believe you can achieve that also excites you.
● In this case, address the underlying issue instead of stalling.
7. You’re afraid you will be successful. Many people are afraid of success. They’re comfortable with their current situation even if they don’t like it. They would rather have predictable misery than uncertain success. There’s no way to predict 100% what your life will be like if you’re successful.
● Focus on the positive aspects of achieving success. List out all of the benefits and visualize yourself enjoying those benefits.
8. You’re scared. If you’re honest with yourself, this is the most likely reason you’re postponing the pursuit of your dreams. Whether you dread the feeling of being hungry on a diet, sweating on a treadmill, or making a fool out of yourself with a failed business, you’re simply afraid.
● Make yourself more afraid of doing nothing. Imagine how terrible it would be to squander your opportunity to dream big. Think about how awful it would be to never test yourself or to never have a chance of living your dreams.
In most cases, it’s better to get started immediately, rather than waiting for just the right time to get started. Even a little progress is better than no progress. Have faith and jump in with both feet.
You can’t be successful if you don’t get started. Your dreams are waiting for you. 92% of New Year’s Resolutions are broken. Click Here and Get Coached and Stop Putting Yourself Through One More Day Syndrome
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You'r information will not be shared.
Simply provide your name, email address, and click the RED button below and I will send you an email every time a new blog post is put out so you are able to continue to get valuable content every single time we post it out there for you!